Better alternatives: let's optimize the whole world!
Our current level, how we live together and how we treat Earth's precious eco system, is this the best we can do? I think not!! We can become much healthier, physically and mentally, live beyond the technological singularity while at the same time giving more space and living closer to nature. We can make it: beautiful, exciting, fun. Yea I know realists; balance, light-dark, it is impossible to only be happy. Don't worry; shit will always be happening. But on average things can be made better or worse right? Well then waiting for a better future is stupid. We have to create the future that we want, by developing and applying better alternatives.
My approach is simple: just optimize 'everything'!
1) Take a good look at the current situation, at everything.
2) What do we want to improve, and what most urgent? (but every small thing counts)
3) What seem to be the better alternatives?
4) Are these alternatives possible within the current state of this universe?
5) Leaders of all countries, make wise choices on what to optimize and when.
5B) Or make Giesbert dictator of the world, because democracy can be such a drag.
6) There will be resistance against change. Who needs compensation?
7) Keep evaluating and adjusting. Reality is complex, don't trust your predictions.
Applying better alternatives may be hard to do, but not impossible, thus possible. Easier is to do nothing and stay stuck at our current level. Our current problems though belong to our current level. To get rid of these, we have to move on. I want to go to the next level! No again; the next level will not be paradise, as in this universe there are always 2 sides to everything, but it will be better.
* About the picture above: This group of people are one example of a better alternative, as most of them are part of the care-team that keeps me alive. The norm in The Netherlands is to when you get a serious injury, to move into a what I call "handicap-storage facility". Although sometimes the best solution, I am super happy with what we call the PGB budget, with which I pay my care team. As such I live in a normal house in a normal neighborhood, where I have control over my care and thus over my live. It is not all perfect: to organize everything is way too much, and where the money is comming from is always trying to give less. True this photo is not from an average day, the care team and friends organized a fantastic party at my 50th birthday :-)